Why study mechanical engineering?
A career in mechanical engineering involves a huge variety of skills and activities that deal with the design and development of mechanical devices, processes and products. Passionate about modern technologies, during their studies mechanical engineers develop multi competence and knowledge in the fields of design, computer aided engineering software, mechanical construction, manufacturing technology, numeracy, planning and management. As a consequence, students with mechanical engineering skills are highly sought after in industries such as aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, energy, etc. but also in IT, finance and management.
Why study at the University of Luxembourg?
The University of Luxembourg offers you an inspiring, multilingual and personalised learning environment in which to study mechanical engineering:
- Individual mentoring and courses taught in small groups
- Project-based work at early stage using additive manufacturing technologies
- Collaboration with companies and administrations
- Internationally renowned professors
- The possibility to spend a semester abroad with partner universities
- Strong links with the Research Unit in Engineering Sciences (RUES)
What is the current programme offering ?
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication (FSTC) at the University of Luxembourg offers you 2 bachelors and 1 Master in mechanical engineering: